A few weeks ago, we wrote about what’s New in OneDesk: Release Management and Product Roadmapping. We thought we would help you get started on planning your product roadmaps. Creating a roadmap in OneDesk is easy. Just follow the instructions below, and you will be on your way to easier product management.
A look at planning a product roadmap in more detail
OneDesk allows you to visually plan out your product roadmap. This gives you the ability to:
- Display your product and service portfolio as planned out over time.
- Generate living roadmap views for release estimation, planning and execution.
- Create and save multiple road-map views configured to your needs.
- Add top-level indicators to the roadmap to call-out milestones.
- Drill-down on specific details on requirements, features and tasks.
- Export roadmaps and create reports for all stakeholders.
How to create a product roadmap with OneDesk
- Click on the projects button at the top of the interface (1).
- Go to the roadmaps view (2).
- Click create roadmap (3).
- Enter a name in the field that appears (4).
- Click save (5).
You then need to add projects to your product roadmap.
- Click on the add/remove projects button (6).
- Select any number of projects from the list that pops up (7).
- Your projects will appear in the order you select them (8).
Your product roadmap is now ready.
- Use the slider to zoom in and out (1).
- Choose which items get shown on your roadmaps (2).
If you have any questions about creating a roadmap, or need further instructions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us anytime.