Social Product Development
Social Product Development
Getting the right product to market on time is the key to a successful product development company. Are you building the right product?
Building the right product involves working with product managers, market research firms, customer visits, surveys, and gut instinct. This is expensive and time-consuming, yet somehow never really delivers reliable answers.
OneDesk provides a cleaner and more effective approach to the crucial process of product management. Our software puts the whole product-team on the same page, including customers, engineers, product managers, marketing and executives.
Here’s how OneDesk helps you manage the Product Development Lifecycle:
Reach out to your customers & stakeholders and capture their feedback
- Ask for suggestions from your customer base at large, or hone in on a few named customers whose opinions matter to your organization.
- Publish suggestions to your community by allowing your customers to vote for the ideas they like. The best ideas rise to the top.
- Get answers to product-related questions by quickly polling your customer base. Hurdle product-decision roadblocks by asking the people who know what they need.
- Allow (or disallow) your customers to track their suggestions. Optionally open up your roadmap communications and maintain customer interest in your upcoming products.
- Collaborate one-on-one with a customer to clarify any details. Keep the resulting conversation in one place, centralized for future reference.
Easily generate product requirements from feedback
- Tag the feedback and from it, easily create comprehensive product requirements.
- Full traceability means you will always know why a requirement is in the PRD. Receive notifications of upstream changes that could affect product decisions.
- Make the difficult feature trade-offs based on real-world data. Commit your limited resources to building the features that are the most profitable, popular, satisfy the most customers, or align with your product-strategy.
- Maintain a tight fit between what you need to build, and what is being built by connecting requirements to the people executing on them.
Create project tasks and put a time-line on getting results fast
- Put your product roadmap on a timeline, by linking what needs to be done with the tasks that get it done.
- Connect your product management with your project management, to align priorities and eliminate wasted effort.
- Keep your product team motivated by delivering visibility into the “why” and “for whom” they are building a feature.
- Collaborate and schedule resources across multiple projects and subcontractors by securely sharing selected product data.
- Sophisticated PPM tools allow you to collapse the project schedule. Track performance with timesheets and standard project management metrics.