With the recent proliferation of collaboration tools we are told that there are major benefits to opening up our organization and engaging in “the conversation”. But if collaboration is unstructured, there is a large danger of generating a lot of noise of uncertain value and wasting a lot of time doing it.
OneDesk.com allows you to get a handle on this by delivering the collaboration tools your users expect, while keeping them focused on the task at hand and organizing the resulting data.
OneDesk enables team collaboration by embedding the latest collaborative and social technologies throughout the application.While we believe that collaboration within the enterprise is essential to getting things done, we also believe that it must be structured in order to be productive.
- Blog posts created by your users can be cross-posted to the relevant project and project, ensuring that the relevant data is on-topic and in the right place.
- Launch a discussion about any item, be it a piece of feedback, a requirement or a project task. The resulting discussion is automatically linked to the item and saved for future reference, automatically capturing expertise and building a knowledge base.
- Activity stream lets you know what your team members are working on in real-time.
- Notifications go out to your users for the things they need to know and just as importantly, NOT the things they don’t care about. Notifications include property changes to items of interest, blog posts on relevant topics and questions posed on your items. Users can choose how to receive their updates: email, RSS, popup, internal messaging inbox, or a combination of them.
- (DROP?) Instant messaging is now “about” something. Keep the transcript of the conversation, and it is automatically linked to the relevant product or service item.
- Real-time collaborative editing:No more locking users from checked-out database records. Property changes are communicated in real-time allowing multiple users to simultaneously modify the same document and collaborate either from down the hall or across the world.
- Email and RSS integration keeps everyone connected using the tools they already use.
- Simple work-flow tools populate requirement and project data as it is received or approved, removing the need for double entry of data.
- Post news to a project, immediately informing all your co-members of “must-know” information in real-time.