The latest updates to OneDesk introduced the following new features and enhancements.
New Report Wizard (beta):
We have released an update to the report creation interface. Now the user is presented with a wizard-like interface that walks the user through the choices necessary to generate the report they want. This a big step forward for non-technical users to be able to generate and schedule the reports they need.
There are additional enhancements to come here. In upcoming releases we also plan on pre-creating report templates for many different situations. Please let us know in chat or comments what pre-built reports you would like to see included.
Custom Fields on Timesheets
- Now users can create custom fields on Timesheets.
- Custom fields can be modified from the timesheets detail panel.
- Custom fields can be displayed in as columns in the timesheets views, and can be sorted.
- You can filter timesheets by their custom fields.
- Coming soon: Customize the timesheet form to add custom fields.
Enhancements to the Gantt chart
- The actions menu is now available in the gantt chart, allowing you to indent, outdent, insert and delete directly from the gantt chart.
- Multi-selection is enabled on the gantt, allowing you to take action on multiple items at once.
- A lock icon is added to the gantt showing when a task is date-constrained. Removing this locks removes the constraint (sets it to ASAP)
- VSO Integration
- Improvements to Github
- Performance: Optimizations on batch sizes of requests to improve client-server communications
- Performance: Improvements to in-menu search
- Grouping items by Agile ponts
- Filtering items by Agile Points
- Ability to add timesheets to items outside of projects
- Ability to run timers on items outside of projects.
- Search returns all results as if there were a widcards after the string
- Permit editing customer details by non-admins
- Improvements to email parsing for certain email clients to capture only the new reply and not the entire email.
- Improved ID menu