The new product introduction checklist
If you are a product manager you most likely love making checklists (am I right?). During the product development management process, there is no greater satisfaction than being able to check off or cross off important to-do items off your list of tasks. I stumbled upon this great article by Professor Bernard Khan, that clearly outlines all the different stages of new product introduction and the important questions that a product manager and his team should ask throughout the product development process. I have adapted some of Khan’s key questions and will explain how can be used to address them.
Identifying competition and understanding your new product’s market
1. Is there a new or current need for your new product?
2. What is the attitude of our customers toward your brand or product?
3. What does the current competitive product landscape look like?
Aligning the new product with current organizational strategies
4. Does your new product/service align with our existing corporate goals?
5. Does your new product present opportunities to penetrate new untapped markets or satisfy other organizational strategies?
Estimating costs and determining profit
5. What is the estimated manufacturing cost?
6. What is the estimated sales and advertising expense?
7. How much capital will be required?
Taking charge and getting answers with OneDesk
With OneDesk’s blended suite of product development applications, you will get answers to the above questions and enables you to effectively manage the production process from start to finish.
Developing market-driven products that trump the competition: Customer Feedback Management applications allow you to reach out to your customers, obtain their valuable insight and discover what they really think about your brand products. It also enables you to engage with your customers, and create two-way dialogue to clarify and build strong loyal relationships with them. This will help you get a clearer picture of the market needs and help you gain an edge over your competition.
Ensuring proper product alignment, estimating costs and evaluating revenue: With OneDesk’s, comprehensive requirements and task management tools, you can easily turn all your feedback into requirements, link and assign them to tasks. In addition, Requirement Analysis features allow you to obtain a larger scope on your product development progress. These features include:
- Popularity Analysis
- Customer Satisfaction Analysis
- Financial Analysis
- Strategic Alignment Analysis
- and much more…
OneDesk is well, feature-rich, and is comprised of so many useful product development applications to finally get the whole team on the same page, tackle that checklist, and get the job done.
Planning a new product introduction? Want to try out ? Click here to get a FREE account.