If your company is still holding back its presence on social media sites, you are not alone. There is still a large percentage of organizations that are hesitant to go social. We at OneDesk understand the hesitation. On the other hand, we encourage companies to go the social route. Companies that have tuned in to the social web have realized many excellent opportunities – the ability for real-time customer service, lead generation, brand and reputation management, sales opportunities, predicting industry trends, and more. Hence, we would like to share some of our favorite social media stats.
Some fun social media stats
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest and 2x the size of the U.S. population
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- One in every nine people on Earth is on Facebook
- 30 billion pieces of content is shared on Facebook each month
- 93% of US adult Internet users are on Facebook
- Twitter is adding nearly 500,000 users a day
- 110 million tweets are sent out per day
- 46% of Internet users worldwide interact with social media on a daily basis
Social media stats from a business point-of-view
- Ford’s 2011 Explorer launch on Facebook generated a 200% greater return than a Super Bowl ad
- 50% of businesses who use social media say that they have an increased awareness of their organization, products or services among target customers.
- 30% have reported an increase in website traffic.
- 26% have reported that customers have a more favorable perception of the organization, products, or services.
- 37% of retailers list Facebook as their most effective source of marketing
- 50% of U.S. CMOs at Fortune 1,000 companies said they launched a corporate blog because “it’s the cost of doing business today”
Social media stats from a customer point-of-view
- 64% of Facebook users have liked a brand on Facebook
- 71% of community members say they are more likely to purchase from brand
- 66% of company community members note that the community has made them more loyal to a brand
- 63% of corporate community members note that they will recommend brand to friends/family
- 25% of social media users are more likely to look into a brand advertising on social media
In conclusion… We believe that all companies should leverage the social web to promote their brand, as well as to get involved in conversations surrounding it. We developed a social media monitoring tool that helps organizations search the social web and find out what customers are saying about their brand, products, services, industry and competitors. They can them reply to the comments, and bring ideas, feedback, leads, issues and questions into OneDesk and start collaborating with team members to implement them.
Do you have any favorite social media stats? Share them with us!
Scroll down to view the list of all sources used for this post.
20 Stunning Social Media Statistics Plus Infographic – JeffBullas.com
10 WOW Social Media Statistics – Socialnomics
23 Social Media Facts to Share with Executives – JeffEsposito.com