Connect customers, employees and partners to the product management and development processes. Make the right product decisions with objective data.
Regardless of the industry, product managers are tasked with a wide variety of duties critical to the success of the business. Product managers must bridge the gap between technical and non-technical departments, and serve as the communication conduit between R&D and customer-facing employees.
Product management creates many challenges including:
- Bridging the communication gap between technical and non-technical employees, partners, and customers.
- Engaging with customers and translating their needs into product requirements.
- Reaching out and understanding customers’ pain points and evaluating possible solutions.
- Staying on top of market trends and the latest developments in the industry.
- Making product decisions and feature trade-offs to determine which customer requirements to satisfy with limited resources.
- Performing market research and introducing new products.
For companies that can meet these challenges, the benefits and opportunities are substantial:
- Develop products that customers are looking for, that are receptive to the marketplace.
- Maximize revenue and profit by developing products that the market is willing to pay for.
- Align product requirements with the company’s strategic goals.
- Lower costs by reducing costly customer visits, market research and consulting fees.
OneDesk helps deal with the challenges of product management. Here’s how:
- Enable customers, partners and employees to submit and share ideas, participate in discussions, vote on feedback and answer polls.
- Get quick answers to critical product questions by querying all stakeholders for their opinion.
- Quickly develop a product requirements document and connect it to your backlog of ideas, support cases, open questions and more.
- Easily transform requirements into development tasks. Streamline the development of customer-driven products and get them to market faster.
- Monitor the product development process, keep track of the team’s progress and take quick corrective action when required.
- Keep the whole product team on the same page using collaboration tools, and structure the conversation between members.
- Close the communication loop with customers by automating notifications of task completion or milestones reached.