Competition is fierce and in a down economy, the need for teamwork and collaboration is crucial. Great product development involves being able to keep up with a rapidly changing marketplace. Great product development means being able to leverage teamwork and collaboration to successfully innovate and deliver- quickly.
Internal teamwork and collaboration between colleagues
We recently dug up some interesting statistics related to teamwork and collaboration with team members.
Average time spent in offices per day:
- Trying to contact customers or colleagues: 74 minutes
- Trying to find key information: 67 minutes
- Duplicating communications: 39 minutes
- 20 % of the time is spent looking for internal information or tracking down colleagues for help
- 96% of execs cite lack of collaboration of ineffective communications for workplace failures (Salesforce)
- 59% of middle managers miss valuable information every day, simply because they can’t find it or never see it (Accenture)
- 28 hours a week is spent writing emails, searching for information and collaborating internally (McKinsey Report)
We want to know: What do you think of these shocking results? Is teamwork and collaboration an important element of your development process?